Sunday, April 17, 2011

One word Crit

The one word preformance i felt was my best preformance yet. I came on to the stage angry because of the lack of tips given to me from my previous location. On this new scene in front of all these people I began to play my accordion and softly ask for tips, just looking around. as the time passed no one was giving me tips, so my voice became more desperate and i began to get closer to the crowd asking for tips.....still no tips. Now the stomach pain has setteled in and i fell to my knees crying tips. SOme of the things I heard about the preformance from others: Casey stated that it felt realistic because as i became despereate and i got closer and closer to the people no one would make eye contact with me, and thats how its like in real life. Kathy felt that maybe another word would have made the piece stronger, such as poverty. A few of the people in Class, Such as Donnovan, Shelby, and kathy, Were inches away from actually giving me a tip. A lot of the people in class was also supprised i can play accordion. Just FYI for anyone who wants to know that type of accordion is known as a 7 key Squeeze box accordion.

No comments:

Post a Comment