Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cardboard and Hot glue.... -.-

So, I am sitting here in my room staring at the three spheres on my desk and began to reflect on this project...Like Maybe I should have taken more time to plan out each piece, or even played with the cardboard (especially since I've not only never really made anything out of cardboard but I've never really made a sculpture that wasn't clay). Maybe I should not have underestimated the cardboard. I really should have taken a few days to play with it first cause if you look from my first piece to my last you can see how I was starting to become familiar with it's properties. Also this was my first time using hot glue in a long time...soooooo yeah, my fingers arer burnt and blistered. I have a feeling I am going to be playing with cardboard a lot in my free time now, so i can better understand it and learn how to control it. Before I go, Anyone in the WASH class, (I dont care if your in the MW class or the TT classes), If you need cardboard let me know. I have a neighbor who is an electronic instalatior and he brings home trailers full of cardboard almost any sizes. Just let me know if you need some and I will set up arrangements to meet you when I can. Contact me at BSM016@shsu.edu ,  and if you can label the message Cardboard....The crow flies

No comments:

Post a Comment