Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 2 and I'm still here ;)

Well folks, this marks the end of Day two for me. I am sitting here working on the 2d homework assigned to us. But a quick recap of the day.
Today went pretty well, I had a very restless night so I had fun trying to focus on what was being said. But I managed to do it ;). We started the class off with Kelley lecturing us once again in the 2D portion of WASH. This time we were getting more in depth to what continuance, proximity, and similarity is. After some notes we were told to get back into our table groups and circle a random one out of the three on a piece of paper, and what ever it was we had to act it out. My group got similarity. My group talked for a little bit about what we were going to do and it came to us easier this time than last time. We stood up and the firts part was the three girls that showed up to class grouped together leaving me by myself, second one of them stood next to me cause we both had SIMILAR black shirts on, and last we all put on some sort of eye wear (such as Glasses or sunglasses). After they guessed it we sat down and watched everyone else do their presentations. When this was all done we listened to her some more as she explained to use what we were doing next. We had to go back to our tables and critique everyone at our tables sketches of dots and tell them what their patterns are. We went through and after finding everyones patterns we had to go back and do 3 sketches for each category  and remove ones from the original that i didn't like. then choose our top five for each category. With this we are to recreate the ones we chose and put them on a 6  by 6 piece of card stock. We also got another homework project where we have to take pictures and hopefully get 5 good ones that represent dots.
LUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *nom nom nom nom nom*
Now 3D, We started off the class looking at everyones spheres we had to make as a homework assignment, and we also explained how certain ones were rather feminine or extraordinary, etc.  After this we went back to our desks and Kelley and Vallerie walked around putting random objects on our desks, these objects were to be made at least 2 feet big out of cardboard. My object is a Magnolia Seed. They explained to us about how we need to sketch it out, answer certain questions that appeared on this sheet of paper, and come up with ways that it can be used as an appendage. This took up the remainder of the class.

I am now at home working on the dots, and earlier I made a trip to wal-mart to get some groceries and decided to try my new camera. I already have 8 pretty good examples with dots...this camera is awesome!!!!!!
*~the crow Flies~*

No comments:

Post a Comment